I joined Intel as Associate Director of Operations of the Intel Visual Computing Institute in Germany in October 2012, where I am coordinating and initiating projects.
Previously I worked for BBC R&D in the UK on innovative tools for visual media production, involving computer vision and computer graphics techniques. This included work on immersive virtual production systems, stereoscopic video production tools, free-viewpoint visualization of sport scenes and web-delivery of free-viewpoint experiences.
Research interests (research statement)
- Computer Vision, 3D Reconstruction, 4D Reconstruction (action capture), Object recognition
- Innovative Media production tools, digital storytelling
- New user experiences using visual computing and HCI techniques
- Strong analytical + strategic thinking
- building + leading teams
- more than 20 collaborative projects on national and international level.
- Editing tools: office, video + image editing tools, 3D+animation (Cinema4D)
- Algorithm design for visual computing – computer vision for media production, multi-camera performance capture for applications in sport analysis and visual effects.
- Camera calibration techniques, SLAM and 3D/4D reconstruction.
- Distributed visual computing, involving distributed computer vision and rendering algorithms.
- Scene understanding and semantic annotation, video analytics, machine learning, neural networks, deep learning, image segmentation + object recognition.
- Visual computing for industrial and media application. Professional experience (+10 years) in media industry with understanding of production flow and practice in broadcast and VFX production.
- New interactive user experiences, involving game technology. 3D-TV and Free-viewpoint video content tools and applications.
- Augmented and Virtual Reality.
Marcus Magnor, Oliver Grau, Olga Sorkine-Hornung, and Christian Theobalt:
"Digital Representations of the Real World: How to Capture, Model, and Render Visual Reality",
A K Peters/CRC Press , ISBN 9781482243819, May 2015.
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com